Description: The Director of Financial Aid administers King University’s financial aid program by utilizing University resources to maximize enrollment while maintaining full compliance with all federal, state, and University regulations, policies, and procedures. The Director of Financial Aid must work with co-workers, faculty, staff, students and their families, Federal loan lenders and guarantee agencies, the Department of Education, high school counselors, other financial administrators, and the community to provide efficient financial aid services.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the duties of this position.
• Minimum of five years of recent financial aid experience
• PowerFAIDS experience preferred; Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy, professionalism and a customer service orientation
• Ability to work individually or as a team in a dynamic organization
• Ability to relate well with a diverse student population
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to use tact, diplomacy and judgment in dealing with all customers
• Requires some evenings and week-end work throughout the academic year
• Experience working at a small, private institution
• Experience working with NCAA Division II athletics and associated scholarships
• Experience with financial aid modeling and leveraging strategies
In addition, the successful candidate will be professional, self-reliant, proactive, enthusiastic, and will make a positive impression on others.
Bachelor’s Degree Required: Master’s degree preferred
Preferred Qualifications: Prior experience at the Director level.
Responsibilities: • Oversee full-service financial aid processing, including but not limited to document collection, budgeting, awarding, FAFSA verification, and loan certification for college related programs.
• Develop, implement and revise departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and institutional policies related to financial aid and scholarships
• Knowledge of Federal (Title IV) and state regulations related to financial aid
• Hire, train and supervise Financial Aid team in the essentials of customer service, student outreach, financial planning and federal and state financial aid compliance
• Provide leadership, direction and accountability to the department’s staff as they work with students from application to graduation
• Provide technical training, support and guidance to the financial aid staff as they work with the information technology resources
• Develop, modify, implement and maintain the application intake and tracking process for proper documentation of all awards for audit trail. Maintain fund control records in accordance with funding level limitations. Oversee the completion of federal, state, and institutional reports including applications for federal funding and reports the expenditures of funds allocated, such as the FISAP. Coordinate internal reconciliation efforts and report to reviewing entities, such as auditors, program reviewers, and accreditation teams.
• Work with the Financial Operations Offices to ensure accurate and timely exchange of information and awards between school information systems. Oversee reconciliation process.
• Responds to requests for information from state, federal and other agencies. Also functions as the department’s liaison in the annual financial audits performed at the institution.
• Assists with conducting on and off campus presentations, seminars, and/or workshops for students. Also present information at various events held at King University, local high schools and at college fair events
• Develop, design, revise, and update all publications (website, college catalog, and other media) relating to financial aid, such as financial aid applications, forms used for tracking applications, correspondence forms, and brochures. Provide training and materials to staff regarding the financial aid process.
• Facilitate coordination and communication between respective college departments as they relate to the Financial Aid Office’s role in creating a positive educational experience for students. Integrate efforts to maximize Financial Aid’s role in recruiting and retention.
• Counsel and advise students and parents regarding financial needs and problems, and recommend financial aid opportunities, academic progress, eligibility and procedures.
• Maintain, research and submit information regarding budget as needed.
• Maintain current knowledge of college financial aid policies, procedures, and programs. Attend trainings/conferences as necessary to keep knowledge current.
• Resolves and/or assists in the resolution of problems and/or complaints and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Language: Multilingual/Bilingual Candidates Preferred