Description: A Territory Manager/Enrollment Counselor is responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for admission to King University. The recruiter must represent King University to its constituents (students, parents, guidance and employers personnel, youth workers, pastors, employers, businesses, hospitals, etc.) in an assigned territory. Through personal on and off campus contacts, the manager/counselor will generate leads, present new information, and establish solid rapport with prospective students.
Minimum Qualifications: • Experience: Minimum of 2 years of a proven successful experience in a very competitive sales environment. Community development and recruitment experience preferred.
• Education: A bachelor’s degree is required.
• Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership Skills: Organizational ability, self-motivated and goal oriented. Must demonstrate creative and strategic thinking skills.
• Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Level of Independence: High level of ability to work independently and be able to properly prioritize the work to be done.
• Physical Exertion Requirements: Medium Work as defined by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
• Schedule Flexibility: Frequent weekend or evening work is required, including extensive travel.
• Driving History: Must qualify to drive a University owned vehicle.
• Procedures Commitment: The candidate must adhere to any and all King University policies as detailed for all employees in the Employee Handbook or specifically per any department, such as Admissions, Business Office, Financial Aid, etc.
• Christian Commitment: The candidate must have and be able to articulate a personal faith in the Lordship of Jesus Christ and support the mission of King University.
Responsibilities: • Meet yearly enrollment goals as stated by the Senior Administrator of Enrollment Management
• Represent and articulate King University, as scheduled and as opportunities arise, to:
o Prospective students for the admission process and policy, financial aid opportunities, academic programs and campus activities
o School officials, both public and private, King University alumni, and, most importantly, with potential students
o Off-site visits with potential students in the assigned territory
o College and Career fairs and conventions in designated territory
o Selected church functions and activities
o Businesses, professional associations, non-profit groups, civic associations, chambers of commerce, hospitals and community colleges
o Maintain up-to-date knowledge of admissions processes, campus activities, academic programs, community college relationships and participate in campus events when possible
• General recruiting duties, including, but not limited to:
o Work independently and maintain a territory office, including but not limited to reporting weekly activities to the Director of Enrollment Management
o Participate in on-campus and off-campus recruitment events as assigned
o Build rapport with potential students and business and community partners
o Assist in the coordination and implementation of information sessions, open houses, setups
o Maintain up-to-date knowledge of campus activities, academic programs, and participate in campus events when possible
o Maintain communications with appropriate faculty and staff regarding the progress of recruitment and regarding issues pertaining to specific departments
o Evaluate all personal contacts made and think about strategies to improve recruitment
o Assure that current King University literature and application materials reach all businesses and pertinent institutions as assigned
• Maintain a maintenance history of the assigned University owned vehicle to be sure all servicing is done in a timely manner
• Proper care and requested maintenance of other company issued items such as cell phones, laptop computers, printer/copier/scanners, etc.
Language: Multilingual/Bilingual Candidates Preferred