Description: Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement (VPA), the Assistant Vice President of Marketing & Communications (AVP-MC) is responsible for leading in the development, implementation and execution of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for the university. The AVP-MC is responsible for promoting the mission, vision, reputation and brand of the university through effective marketing & communications channels to advance the college’s national, state, and regional prominence. Key objectives are to grow student enrollment, enhance student, alumni and community engagement, champion school spirit and pride, increase philanthropic support, inspire volunteer involvement, advance university initiatives, promote student, faculty & staff achievements, and provide informative, persuasive, and engaging university communications with strategic target audiences and all university stakeholders. This position also manages public relations and media relations for the university.
Functional areas of leading responsibility: Marketing & Communications, Public & Media Relations, and Internal & External Communications.
Direct reports include: Associate Director of Digital Media Marketing, Associate Director of Advancement Communications, Senior Graphics Designer, and the Multi-Media Manager.
• Serve as primary creative director for the development of integrated strategic marketing and communications plans to raise the visibility and enhance the image of King University to internal and external publics.
• Working with the Vice President for Advancement, create and implement a comprehensive strategic marketing and communications plan toward key marketing objectives.
• Collaborate effectively with key university stakeholders in developing marketing plans for colleges, schools, majors, programs, centers, and institutes, etc.
• Develop and implement a marketing and public relations strategy; Manage public & media relations.
• Develop and implement a brand identity marketing plan.
• Manage all digital media marketing advertising and initiatives.
• Manage all traditional (print, TV, radio) media marketing advertising and initiatives.
• Manage the university website including content management and search engine optimization.
• Manage university communications with internal and external audiences.
• Maintain library of marketing and communication resources.
• Maintain and ensure adherence to King University Identity Guide.
• Manage the production of King magazine and other university marketing & communications publications.
• Serve as the editorial director for publications, press releases, communications, website content, etc.
• Research, adopt and implement applicable industry best practices for effective marketing and communications strategies, programs and initiatives that will advance the university towards stated goals and objectives.
• Manage the internal creative services team, and work with external resources where required, to develop high-quality collateral on-time to meet desired objectives.
• Assist the VPA in overseeing grant proposal development and fundraising case statements.
• Supervise, motivate and lead Marketing and Communication department staff.
• Coordinate and assign work for student workers and interns.
• Manage all departmental budgets.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: • Minimum of five years’ experience in a marketing, communications, public relations, publishing, business or related field.
• A bachelor’s degree is required.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to persuade audiences to action through various marketing and communications strategies.
• Ability to tell a story and connect with audiences through meaningful and relevant communications.
• Excellent organizational ability and must have the ability to think “globally” about all problems or challenges so that decisions are made in concert with the King University Campus vision and needs.
• Experience in developing and effectively implementing strategic marketing and communications plans and related programs and initiatives.
• Keen understanding of and experience with social media marketing and other digital marketing platforms and their effective application in a comprehensive marketing plan.
• Keen understanding of and experience with traditional advertising platforms and their effective application in a comprehensive marketing plan.
• Experience in developing and implementing effective target marketing strategies to reach multiple differentiated target audiences.
• Experience in effectively managing media and public relations.
• Highly proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively with staff, administrators, faculty, and alumni.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work as a team member, as well as work independently to accomplish goals and reach and exceed established benchmarks.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends and be an effective manager of time.
• Working knowledge and experience with marketing & communications best practices.
• Ability to articulate a personal faith in the Lordship of Jesus Christ and support the mission of King University.
• Possess a valid state driver's license.
Preferred Qualifications: • Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
• Five years of supervisory experience leading a marketing & communications team.
• Three years in higher education leading and managing marketing and communications initiatives.
Language: Multilingual/Bilingual Candidates Preferred