Description: This Enrollment Counselor - Traditional and Visit Coordinator is split between sets of duties. This person is responsible for recruiting qualified applicants for admission to King University with a special emphasis on church relations and homeschool prospects and entities. The counselor must represent King University to its constituents (students, parents, guidance and employers personnel, youth workers, pastors, employers, businesses, hospitals, etc.) in an assigned territory. Through personal on and off campus contacts, the representative will generate leads, present new information, and establish solid rapport with prospective students. In addition, this person also serves as the Campus Visit Coordinator by providing exceptional customer service to prospective students and families. The Campus Visit Coordinator assist in managing the front office area, coordinates all individual visits to the campus and provides administrative support for management.
Minimum Qualifications: • Experience: Minimum of 2 years of a proven successful experience in a very competitive sales environment.
• Education: A bachelor’s degree is required.
• Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership Skills: Organizational ability, self-motivated and goal oriented.
• Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Level of Independence: High level of ability to work independently and be able to properly prioritize the work to be done.
• Physical Exertion Requirements: Medium Work as defined by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
• Schedule Flexibility: Frequent weekend or evening work is required, including extensive travel.
• Driving History: Must qualify to drive a University owned vehicle.
• Procedures Commitment: The candidate must adhere to any and all King University policies as detailed for all employees in the Employee Handbook or specifically per any department, such as Admissions, Business Office, Financial Aid, etc.
• Christian Commitment: The candidate must have and be able to articulate a personal faith in the Lordship of Jesus Christ and support the mission of King University.
Responsibilities: • As an Enrollment Counselor:
o Meet yearly enrollment goals as stated by the Vice President of Enrollment Management
o Represent and articulate King University, as scheduled and as opportunities arise, to:
? Prospective students and parents the admission process and policy, financial aid opportunities, academic programs and campus activities
? Parents, student guests, youth groups, churches, home school groups
? School officials, both public and private, King University alumni, and, most importantly, with potential students and their parents
? Home visits with potential students and their parents in the assigned territory
? College and Career fairs and conventions in designated territory
? Selected church functions and activities
? Businesses, hospitals and community colleges
o General recruiting duties, including, but not limited to:
? Build rapport with potential students, parents, and church officials
? Assist in the coordination, set-up, and implementation of all Campus Visitation Days and orientations, as assigned
? Maintain up-to-date knowledge of campus activities, academic programs, and participate in campus events when possible
? Maintain communications with appropriate faculty and staff regarding the progress of recruitment and regarding issues pertaining to specific departments
? Evaluate all personal contacts made and think about strategies to improve recruitment
? Assure that current King University literature and application materials reach all businesses and pertinent institutions as assigned
? Coordinate the activities of the student workers within the office
• As the Visit Coordinator:
o Provide exemplary customer service:
? Effectively communicate the University’s mission and vision
? Know all areas and personnel of the University to professionally respond to questions and situations
o Secondary front desk reception; provide information and answer questions as required
o Coordinate all campus visit days:
? Schedule individual, small and large group campus visits; coordinate all aspects of visit, including but not limited to, campus tours, admissions sessions, meetings with faculty, and class visitations.
? Coordinate planning for ACCESS King days, GPS early orientation, and regular orientation days for new students.
? Coordinate all campus visit days, including planning, overseeing the coordination of speakers, students and session leaders and reserving campus facilities
? Log visits into the Enrollment Management calendar
? Greet and assist campus visitors. Distribute visit folders and itineraries, and obtain a completed visit card for each.
? Enter visit cards into CAMS.
? Submit monthly visit stat reports to the Director of Undergraduate Recruitment.
? Provide assistance in the planning and preparation for campus visit days, and attend each day as required.
? Provide planning and logistical support for GPS related functions, events, and open house activities.
o Provide secondary telephone assistance
? Answer and screen telephone calls and transfer as appropriate in a timely manner
? Take prospect information and other requests over the phone
o Coordinate King President Society volunteer activity:
? Delegate daily duties and responsibilities
? Coordinate schedules, and maintain student time cards
? Hire and train new student employees as needed
o Data entry into CAMS:
? As needed for backup during busy times and rep travel season.
o Provide administrative support for management team
• Maintain a maintenance history of the assigned University owned vehicle to be sure all servicing is done in a timely manner
Language: Multilingual/Bilingual Candidates Preferred