Description: Primary Responsibilities:
• Maintain regular employee payroll records in Dynamics and in the two Master Employee Files -
One for employee records only and one for medical records only.
o Update employee records as to current salary/pay rate, making changes as they occur and
filing the documentation
o Verify and document vacation and sick leave on a monthly basis
o Keep abreast of all changes in tax laws and tax tables, making updates to Dynamics tables
o For all new employees:
Do an entrance interview and complete all paperwork
Explain all King University benefits and policies
Provide the King University Employee Handbook, receive from each of them a signed
statement that they have read it, once they have time to read it and any other publications
Have employee sign and process all required paperwork for employee benefits, including
but not limited to: W-2 forms, the BICS (formerly INS) Form I-9, and any other
paperwork required for health and life insurance, retirement, medical, child-care, etc.
Prepare and forward the monthly Tennessee New Hire Report
o For all departing employees:
Verify that all King University property has been returned, including but not limited to
such items as: laptop computer, cell phone, all keys, King University ID, King University
credit and membership cards, etc.
Do an exit interview and prepare paperwork based on all returned and non-returned items
Re-explain the benefits and university policies regarding their departure and set up any
payment plans (such as TR, COBRA, etc.) with Accounts Receivable as required
o Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and security of all employee records
• Prepare payroll reports which include, but are not limited to the Tennessee Employment Report
and the annual Federal W-2 wage reports
• Prepare payrolls as required including but not limited to:
o Biweekly hourly payrolls for staff and students, including electronic verification of timecards
o Monthly salary payrolls for students
o Monthly Faculty and administrative staff payrolls
o Additional payrolls as required
o File all paperwork and time cards after each payroll
Page 2 of 3
• Liaison with the Workmen’s Compensation insurance carrier:
o File claims in a timely manner to King University’s workman’s compensation carrier
o Maintain a file of all claims and a separate copy in the employee Medical file
o Keep abreast of all laws governing loss of work due to job related injuries
o Annually file OSHA report
o Keep the Director of Business Operations, as the primary Safety Officer, informed of all
Workman’s Compensation claims
• Maintain King University’s Medical Insurance and Flex Spending Plans and records including
participants, employee payments, etc.
• Prepare & meet annually with the Worker’s Comp rep for the annual audit
• Daily verification of the petty cash fund
• Prepare files and requests for the 403b Plan Annual Audit for the fiscal year end of May 31
• Open and distribute the mail daily
Minimum Qualifications: • Education: A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience in at least a 150-employee company,
including experience in monitoring employee benefits.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership Skills: Organizational skills, as well as the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fastpaced
• Computer Skills: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Level of Independence: High level of ability to work independently and be able to properly prioritize
the work to be done.
• Physical Exertion Requirements: Light Work as defined by the Bureau of Labor Statistics
• Schedule Flexibility: Able to work some nights and weekends as required.
• Driving History: Driving a college vehicle is not a requirement of this position, but submission of
driving data is required.
Page 3 of 3
• Procedures Commitment: The candidate must adhere to any and all King University policies as
detailed for all employees in the Employee Handbook or specifically per any department, such as
Admissions, Business Office, Financial Aid, etc.
• Christian Commitment: The candidate must have and be able to articulate a personal faith in the
Lordship of Jesus Christ and support the mission of King University.
Responsibilities: • Use discretion and professionalism in communicating details of the university operations outside
of the office, ensuring confidentiality, integrity and security of all student and financial
• Follow the policies as set forth in the appropriate employee handbook and subsequent updates or
changes including, but not limited to, travel, professional development, purchasing and
• Professional Development and Compliance
o Participate in professional organizations and professional development as time and resources
permit and as directed by the supervisor.
o Seek out organizations that might provide insight and a networking resource for continued
o Note any honor societies or professional certification which are applicable to the position,
which are desired but not required
o Comply with national charters and requirements as possible, noting the exceptions for the file,
with your supervisor’s acknowledgement
• Compliance with any outside authority including, but not limited to accrediting agencies, external
auditing, local authorities (police, fire, etc.), OSHA, TN OSHA, EPA, etc., and do any audit work
required for these agencies in a timely fashion
• Other occasional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Language: Multilingual/Bilingual Candidates Preferred